Supercritical CO2 Extractors
Supercritical CO2 extractor
Some features of the supercritical extraction equipment are a recirculating CO2 fluid system, resulting in very low CO2 consumption, and a separator continuously separating the binder from the CO2 during extraction. The following example shows the efficiency of the system:
As an example, the 20 litre extractor can each time be set with 650 pieces of injection moulded watchcases. One complete extraction cycle takes only five to six hours, by which 90-95% of the binder is removed. The output of the 20 litre chamber unit is thus more than sufficient for large-scale production.
Interior of a 50 litre extractor chamber
set with a limitedl number of parts.
Equally important, we have rationalised the unit design to be able to offer units at an attractive price. As a result, the investment cost is actually comparable to thermal debinding systems.
Advantages of supercritical extraction
- Considerably reduced debinding times
- Dispensable powder embedment
- Better form stability – no shrinkage during extraction
- Finer tolerances – no rearrangement of particles
- Improved surface finish
- Possible to extract thick-walled components
- No reactions between CO2 and powder – CO2 is thermodynamically stable
- Extracted paraffin ca be reused without any refinement
- No additional CO2 to the atmosphere
|Effective chamber volume||20 litres, 50 litres|
|Flow rate||1 kg CO2/min (20 l), 2 kg CO2/min (50 l)|
|Load||50 kg ( 20 l), 100 kg (50 l)|
|Extraction rate||0.2 kg binder/h (20 l), 0.4 kg binder/h (50 l)|
|Dimensions (w×d×h)||80×110×170 cm³ (20 l), 90×120×180cm³ (50 l)|
|Weight, approx.||150 kg (20 l), 250 kg (50 l)|
|Mains connection||150 kg (20 l), 250 kg (50 l)|